Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday's "Five Things I'm Grateful For"

I was reading Thriving Family's Summer 2013 (I know...a year late) issue recently and found a great article about keeping a gratitude journal and writing down the things that you are thankful for. Studies have traced a range of impressive benefits to the simple act of writing down the things for which we’re grateful—benefits including better sleep, fewer symptoms of illness, and more happiness among adults and kids alike.



I've decided to start the "Five Things I'm Grateful For" entry today and every Monday thereafter. If the start of the workweek triggers feelings of anxiety and stress, it'll be refreshing to write down some things that you are grateful about last week. It's also a great way to keep myself in a thankful and positive state of mind especially what I've been through lately.  So here goes my list this week:

1. I'm thankful for the awesome weekend I had with my family! Rest and relaxation are two luxuries that money can't buy and that's what I experienced over the weekend. Nothing beats a healthy Saturday night dinner at Whole Foods and a lovely Sunday afternoon play time at Steveston Park. 


2. Summer and sunny days. Need I say more?

3. I'm grateful for good health. Indeed, health is wealth. When I was miscarrying 2.5 weeks ago, I felt like I couldn't even lift my head from my pillow. I'm really thankful that my energy is back and the Lord has restored my soul.

4.  Technology. I should've been in L.A. for a family reunion since Wednesday but because of my recent miscarriage, my doctor recommended me to get more rest and avoid flying. Thanks to technology, my sister has been sending me email updates about their events and calling me through Tango so I could stay in touch with them.

5. I'm most grateful about my 3-week staycation. I haven't been working for almost 3 weeks now due to the pregnancy loss. Being a stay-at-home mom has always been my dream since I gave birth to R. The last few weeks has given me a taste of that and I'm lovin' every second of it!

How about you? What are you thankful about this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment