Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday's Five Things I'm Grateful For

I apologize for this very late post. I actually wanted to post this on July 28th but our internet connection just didn't work the whole week. So I ended up being late for this entry. 

Monday, July 28th, was my first day back to work after a 3-week hiatus from the "real world". Instead of feeling the Monday blues, I am starting the week on a positive note by posting on my gratitude board. 

My gratitude list this week:

1. Gorgeous weather we've had over the weekend and I couldn't be more thankful to God for that! It was the perfect weather for our choir picnic yesterday. We had tons of fun and tons of food!

2. I'm grateful for some pampering and pedi time last Friday. Who wouldn't be thankful for that?

3. I couldn't be more thankful to my parents and my sister who are always there for me! They came back from their week-long vacation and didn't hesitate to babysit R while I took a little break and did some shopping!

4. My daughter has been consistently using the potty for the last two weeks! I still need to constantly remind her to let me know when she needs to use the potty, but it's been a HUGE improvement since we first started training her (1.5 yrs old). Yes it's has been a pretty long process but it's finally starting to pay off.



5. I'm thankful for the Bible verses I've been reading since last week through my devotional guide called "Today". I am constantly reminded that God is writing the story of my life. I may not like some parts of the story, but I must believe that He is leading me and showing me the clues that will guide me to my happy ending. I have to be listen carefully to what God is telling me and openly accept the challenges that come my way. I must say, though, that I cannot wait to see the amazing ending.

There certainly are more in my life to be thankful for, but I'll save them for next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment