Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday's Five Things I'm Grateful For

Last week flew by for me. I guess because it was my first week back to my "normal" routine (went back to work and started going for walks again). On top of that, our internet connection hasn't been very cooperative as I've mentioned in my previous post. Here we are again, Monday...I'm welcoming it with open arms not just because I get to write my Five Things I'm Grateful For, but it's also BC Day (which means we have a long weekend!)!!

Thinking about the week that passed, I have a lot of things to be grateful for. 

1. Although I'd always whine to my husband about why I'm not a stay-at-home mom, I'm thankful that I have a "secure part-time job". I work only three days a week and have 3 weeks + 1 day paid vacation leave every year, too! My supervisor is very understanding and my coworkers are not hard to deal with. When I went for my 3-week leave (to rest and recover from my miscarriage), my managers and coworkers kept texting and calling me to ask how I was. I felt their love and concern for me, which was really nice.

2.  I'm grateful for the long weekend and the beautiful weather that came with it! My family did as much as we could on our staycation. We went to Granville Island on Saturday and went for a mini cruise on the Aquabus for the first time! My daughter enjoyed running after the seagulls, too, after our supper at the Granville Island Market. 





      On Sunday, we joined our church's Family Fun Day. Booths offering Asian cuisines and games were set up at the parking lot. 

        This morning, we packed our lunches and spent half the day at the park. My daughter, Rachel, enjoyed her first waterpark experience! It was such a hot day too!





3. I'm grateful for a much needed girl time with my mom and my sister. Nothing beats a good conversation with your best friends over coffee. Right after Rachel went to bed on Sunday night, we met up for coffee and stayed until the cafe closed.

4. Our coffee/girl time wouldn't have been possible if not for my loving husband who stayed with my daughter at home. I feel I under-appreciate him sometimes. He does so much for our family and never complains when I ask him to do something. He works full time and is taking courses for the CGA program and still has time for Rachel and me. I love him so much!

5. I'm grateful for the Scripture in Philippians 4:6-7.
   v.6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
    v.7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ.

     As human as I am, I've been worrying about a lot of things lately, particularly about trying to conceive...again. It had been more challenging to get pregnant the second time around (after breastfeeding Rachel for 23 months). Then the miscarriage happened. Questions like when will I get pregnant again or will I not miscarry the second time pop into mind once in a while. These verses remind me that God will give me the peace of mind I need when I present my requests to Him. His timing is always the best.

I hope I've inspired some of you to start your own gratitude journals. It's a great way to start your Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment