Friday, August 22, 2014

Late post: Monday's Five Things I'm Grateful For

Hi everyone, I've been MIA again since last week. I came down with colds and cough over the weekend, which I got from my daughter. But I wouldn't let this week go without posting five things I'm grateful for.

1. A visit from Aunt Flow. The ladies would know what this means. Since my miscarriage about a month ago, I've been praying very hard that my cycles would come back normally. Exactly one month from what happened, I couldn't be more excited to see Aunt Flow! I've never been happier in my life because this means we can start trying again very soon LOL.

2. My mom's birthday was last August 13. She turned 56 and she wanted to have a picnic at the local park. Earlier that day it was pouring rain and I was not looking forward to eating outside. My sister reassured me that they've already prayed for a miracle to happen and when she checked the weather forecast, it was just gonna be a cloudy day in the afternoon. Oh me of little faith. True enough, it was humid and partially sunny when I got off work. Our spread that night was fish and chips from Pajo's and a sushi platter from another place. 


Rachel also enjoyed playing in the park after dinner. 

 
Dessert was chocolate mousse cake from Whole Foods, which we had at home. Mom also brewed coffee to go with it. We couldn't wait to devour the cake that I forgot to take a photo of it.

3. My husband (Michael) and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on August 15, 2014. We had brunch at The Market by Jean Georges last Saturday and shopped a little bit in downtown Vancouver. 






4. Lately, I've been taking lots of naps. Just about a month ago, we changed our daughter's nap routine from pushing her in her stroller til she falls asleep to letting her lie nap on our bed. I co-nap with her and usually fall asleep faster than she does. LOL. I'm thankful that she naps 2-3 hours everyday!

5. I'm grateful for lazy Sunday afternoons. After attending church service in the morning, we'd usually have our Japanese food fix at a local Japanese market for lunch, go home and just relax. For me it's the perfect way to unwind before the start of another week.

There you have it, my list for the week. I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much lately. Please include me in your prayers for a fast recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment